Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Similar to Halibut Olympia, equally as good!
Make and share this Halibut Alyeska recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs halibut, cut in 1- inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Rinse halibut and pat dry.
- Arrange halibut side by side in greased 8 X 12-inch baking dish.
- In small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream and flour.
- Stir in lemon juice, onion and pepper.
- Spoon mixture over fish to coat completely.
- Bake uncovered for 14 minutes or until fish is opaque in center of thickest piece.
- Add cheese, bake until melted.
Very good, I to added dill and it added a little bit of flavor. I will probably use sharp cheese next time to add a little punch. I just felt it was missing something and was a little bit soupy...although that might be because I halved the recipe for only 2 people. I gave it 4 stars because I will make it again but make some adjustments.
I remembered having this when I worked in Alaska many years ago. So when someone gave me some halibut I looked for it on recipezaar. I made this with the one pound I had, recipe halved just fine. I added dill weed as one reviewer suggested. Very easy and very good!!
I have made this recipe several times and was surprised that it could be so good - normally stay away from mayo dishes. DH states that it is the best halibut (sometimes haddock) I make. Will not tell him how simple it is!! For variation I add some dill weed and also top it with roasted red peppers. None of these variations detract from the recipe.