Recipe by Timothy H.
Halibut from the clear, icy waters off the coast of Alaska is prized for its delicate flavor, snow-white color and firm texture.
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs alaska halibut steaks, thawed if necessary
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- sour cream & mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- paprika (Sprinkle)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine wine and salt; pour over halibut. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour. Drain halibut on paper towels; dip both sides in breadcrumbs. Place halibut in shallow buttered baking dish. Combine sour cream, mayonnaise and green onions; spread over halibut.
- Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at the thickest part, or until halibut flakes when tested with a fork.