Take the credit for the home made ravioli without all the work of making the pasta sheets. (From "All over Italy" at e-rcps.com)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 egg roll wraps (approximately one package)
- 1Make sure that you have a single sheet of dough.
- 2Place a teaspoonful of filling in the middle.
- 3Wet the bottom edge with cold water (about 1/4"), fold the top of the pasta over the filling and press down with your finger to seal the bottom.
- 4Make sure that the seal is complete so that the filling can't leak out while you are cooking the ravioli.
- 5You can also use the tines of a fork it the edge isn't holding.
- 6Continue until you have enough ravioli for the number of people you are serving - between 6 and 12 each, depending on whether you are serving the ravioli as a first or main course, how heavy the sauce, your guests' index on the 'noble trencherman' scale.
- 7These ravioli are pretty tasty and can sometimes inspire dilatory eaters to greater efforts.
- 8Set ample water to boil in a large pot.
- 9When the water is boiling, add a T or 2 of salt, return the water to the boil, and start putting in the ravioli, a few at a time.
- 10These cooked quickly - about a minute (they float right to the top and become translucent).
- 11Lift them out individually with a slotted spoon, and flip them separately onto a clean dish towel to dry.
- 12You can arrange them in heated separate plates and ladle the sauce on individually or put them all in a heated serving dish (a trick is to put a tablespoon or two of your sauce in the bottom of the dish before you put in the ravioli), stir, and serve.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halfway Homemade Ravioli
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1117.4
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.5 mg
- Sodium 2196.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 222.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 37.6 g