Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Kind of healthy, but with some chocolate chips thrown in for the kids. Makes 21 pancakes, using a 1/3 cup measuring cup to pour batter onto your griddle. Your results may vary in your kitchen however.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour or 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached white flour
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- Stir together flours, gluten, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat the egg substitute, buttermilk, soymilk, and oil.
- Combine wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir until combined, but do not overstir.
- Pour batter onto a hot griddle using a 1/3 measuring cup. You should get around 21 pancakes from this method.
- Serve with a spray of smart balance and your favorite sugar free pancake syrup (not included in nutritional info).
- Spread leftover onto a cookie sheet and freeze for several hours. Once frozen place into a freezer bag for quick breakfasts during the work week.