Recipe by Charlotte J
This works great for a hungry bunch of kids playing out on the field or court. Or just have them at breakfast when you're in a hurry. Can be frozen.
- 354.88 ml old fashioned oats
- 236.59 ml flour, all-purpose
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 170.09 g dried mixed fruit, diced
- 29.58 ml old fashioned oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 13x9-inch pan.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups oat, flour, sugar, cinnamon, soda and salt.
- To your dry ingredients add the juice, oil, egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in fruit.
- Spread into the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons of oats.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned and the edges start to pull away from sides of the pan.
- Cool completely, cut into bars and store in a covered container.