Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This works great for a hungry bunch of kids playing out on the field or court. Or just have them at breakfast when you're in a hurry. Can be frozen.
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces dried mixed fruit, diced
- 2 tablespoons old fashioned oats
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 13x9-inch pan.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups oat, flour, sugar, cinnamon, soda and salt.
- To your dry ingredients add the juice, oil, egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in fruit.
- Spread into the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons of oats.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned and the edges start to pull away from sides of the pan.
- Cool completely, cut into bars and store in a covered container.
The only dried fruits I had were raisins. It was great. It's like a cake but in bars. The taste is really good. Thanks Charlotte :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game