1/1 Photo of Half-Time Shredded Beef Sandwiches
2 hrs 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs boneless beef chuck shoulder pot roast, cut into 3-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 12 soft egg sandwich buns, split sliced green onions
- A.1. Original Sauce
- 1In Dutch oven, place beef, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 2Combine water and tomato paste; pour over beef mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- 3Cover tightly and simmer 1 3/4 to 2 hours or until beef is tender.
- 4Remove beef from cooking liquid; cool slightly.
- 5Meanwhile skim fat from cooking liquid, if necessary.
- 6Trim and discard excess fat from cooked beef.
- 7Shred beef with 2 forks.
- 8In Dutch oven, combine 2 cups cooking liquid, steak sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 9Add shredded beef; mix well.
- 10Continue to cook until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- 11Place equal amounts of beef mixture on bottom half of each bun.
- 12Sprinkle with green onions and close with top half of bun.
- 13Serve with additional steak sauce, if desired.
- 14Makes 12 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Half-Time Shredded Beef Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.6
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 117.2 mg
- Sodium 580.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 36.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce