Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These can be whipped up in minutes during Half Time! I am always requested to make these! Sure to please.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup avocado dip (optional)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups cheddar cheese (to taste) or 1 1⁄2-2 cups Mexican blend cheese (to taste)
- 2 cups yellow corn tortilla chips (or as much as you can pile in the middle!)
- With a large spoon, spread out the beans in a ring on a large microwave-safe dinner plate, leaving about 4 inches in the center of the plate, (that's where you will put the pile of tortilla chips.
- Pour the Salsa over the beans.
- Sprinkle about half of the cheese over everything ( make certain to leave the center of the plate empty).
- Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Remove the plate from the microwave, pile the chips in the center of the plate.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the chips.
- Return the plate to the oven and microwave on HIGH for another minute or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove carefully as the plate will be hot.
- Serve hot.
- Serve with Sour Cream and Guacamole.
I made an individual plate for myself so didn't have to be too fussy with measurements. Followed the directions for assembly and served with Recipe #39350 but skipped the Guacamole (personal preference - yuk) This was a great evening snack with a Recipe #173130. Thanks for posting Little Bee! Made for When It's Hot Tag Game.
My kids love this recipe as a movie snack, but instead of refried bean I cook beef mince with grated onion, carrots and brocolli stem,(removing the tough outer skin before grating). They have no idea that there junk food is so good for them.