Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These can be whipped up in minutes during Half Time! I am always requested to make these! Sure to please.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup avocado dip (optional)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups cheddar cheese (to taste) or 1 1⁄2-2 cups Mexican blend cheese (to taste)
- 2 cups yellow corn tortilla chips (or as much as you can pile in the middle!)
- With a large spoon, spread out the beans in a ring on a large microwave-safe dinner plate, leaving about 4 inches in the center of the plate, (that's where you will put the pile of tortilla chips.
- Pour the Salsa over the beans.
- Sprinkle about half of the cheese over everything ( make certain to leave the center of the plate empty).
- Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Remove the plate from the microwave, pile the chips in the center of the plate.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the chips.
- Return the plate to the oven and microwave on HIGH for another minute or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove carefully as the plate will be hot.
- Serve hot.
- Serve with Sour Cream and Guacamole.
I made an individual plate for myself so didn't have to be too fussy with measurements. Followed the directions for assembly and served with Mock Sour Cream but skipped the Guacamole (personal preference - yuk) This was a great evening snack with a Citrus Margarita Cooler. Thanks for posting Little Bee! Made for When It's Hot Tag Game.
My kids love this recipe as a movie snack, but instead of refried bean I cook beef mince with grated onion, carrots and brocolli stem,(removing the tough outer skin before grating). They have no idea that there junk food is so good for them.