Recipe by Kasha
A healthy recipe from a blog on the web. No eggs! Don't use all spelt flour, it won't work out, it needs to be lightened up with regular flour. Makes only one layer, a small cake. Double for a layer cake. Can sub almond or soy milk for regular milk.
- 3⁄4 cup spelt flour
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- tiny pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift together all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk and vinegar.
- Set aside to let curdle for five minutes before adding the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Add dry to wet and mix.
- Pour batter into a prepared 9 inch cake pan and bake for 20 minutes.