Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from the Miami Spice cookbook and it is really good. I love Buffalo wings but I think these are better (no chicken skin). I hope you love the recipe as much as I do!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cracker crumb (Keebler Export crackers or Galletas work best)
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- garlic salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup hot pepper sauce (I use Lousiana)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- bleu cheese salad dressing
- Peel and devien shrimp, leaving tails intact.
- Place the shrimp in a mixing bowl and toss with buttermilk.
- Combine the cracker crumbs, flour, garlic salt, and pepper in a food processor and grind to a fine powder.
- Combine hot sauce and melted butter in a mixing bowl and whisk to mix.
- Heat oil in fryer or heavy skillet to 350 degrees.
- Drain shrimp and toss with breading.
- Fry shrimp until golden.
- Drain fried shrimp on paper towels and then put in a bowl.
- Toss with the hot sauce mixture.
- Serve with bleu cheese dressing.