Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is another recipe from my late great hero, Mr. Food. I don't care for these cookies either from this recipe or from a bakery, but everyone raves about these cookies when I make them. I usually nuke the frosting for about 15 seconds to make it easier when applying it to the cookies. This is a very common cookie from the Jewish bakeries all over New York's boroughs.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix
- 2⁄3 vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 16 ounces ready made chocolate frosting
- 16 ounces ready made vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 2 cookie sheets with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, and eggs;mix well.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonsful 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until firm to touch.
- Remove the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost 1/2 of flat side of each cooki with vanilla frosting, then with chocolate frosting.
- Serve or cover loosely until ready to serve.