Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from my buddy who makes these for her family every year. These can be challenging to make and be sure to use thick jam not jelly or your cookie will be a big mess. I am not totally sure how many this makes as they seem to get eaten as we go - but to seems to make quite alot. Prep time includes refrigeration overnight
- 4 cups flour
- 1 lb margarine, room temp (don't substitute butter)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 ounce yeast
- 1 cup sour cream, room temp
- powdered sugar
- Mix yeast into sour cream. Sift flour into large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and blend well. (Don't hesitate to use your hands to mix the dough). The dough will be similar to pie crust.
- Transfer to smaller clean bowl and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Divide dough into equal portions. Take one portion, dust with flour and roll out on floured surface into an 8-10 inch circle (similar to a pie crust).
- Cut the circle into 8 triangle portions. Place jam in the center of each and roll up wide to skinny. Do not over fill cookies as the jam will leak out. Place on a baking sheet and bake 10-12 minute Dust cooled cookies with powdered sugar.