Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Red Beaut Plums are mildly sweet. The Half-Moon Bay Orange Muscat Wine infuses flavor into these plums as they are slowly poached.
- 3 plums (Red Beaut)
- 1 orange muscat dessert wine (750 ml Nibbia Wine)
- 59.16 ml fine sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves (Whole)
- 1 star anise (Whole)
- 2 bay leaves (Whole)
- 14.79 ml orange juice (Fresh)
- 14.79 ml lime juice (Fresh)
- 14.79 ml orange zest
- 14.79 ml lime zest
- 9.85 ml arrowroot
- 14.79 ml cold water
- 473.19 ml raspberries (Fresh)
- 473.19 ml strawberry (Fresh)
- 236.59 ml cream (Heavy Whipping)
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- Peel plums, cut in half, remove pits and place in a bowl of lemon water.
- Combine wine, sugar, cinnamon stick, cloves, anise, bay leaves, orange juice, lime juice, orange zest and lime zest into a shallow braising pan. Bring to a full boil and reduce to a slow simmer. Place plums in and cover with a sheet of bakers paper.
- Poach plums 15-20 minutes or until they are tender. Remove plums with a slotted spoon and hold warm for service.
- Strain wine sauce with a chinoise or fine sive. Bring to a full boil and reduce to a slow simmer. Reduce sauce by half or about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl wisk together arrowroot and cold water. Slowly wisk arrowroot into the wine sauce. Wisk sauce for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Remove wine sauce from heat and hold warm for service.
- Add heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon fine sugar to a chilled steel bowl and whip heavy cream until firm.
- Dizzle wine sauce over the bottom of a warm plates. Place one plum pit side down and drizzle warm wine sauce over the plum.
- Garnish plates with Fresh Red Raspberries, Fresh Strawberries and Whipped Cream.