1/1 Photo of Half-Moon Bay Poached Plums
Chef #848413's Note:
Red Beaut Plums are mildly sweet. The Half-Moon Bay Orange Muscat Wine infuses flavor into these plums as they are slowly poached.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 plums (Red Beaut)
- 1 orange muscat dessert wine (750 ml Nibbia Wine)
- 4 tablespoons fine sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves (Whole)
- 1 star anise (Whole)
- 2 bay leaves (Whole)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice (Fresh)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (Fresh)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 pint raspberries (Fresh)
- 1 pint strawberry (Fresh)
- 1/2 pint cream (Heavy Whipping)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Peel plums, cut in half, remove pits and place in a bowl of lemon water.
- 2Combine wine, sugar, cinnamon stick, cloves, anise, bay leaves, orange juice, lime juice, orange zest and lime zest into a shallow braising pan. Bring to a full boil and reduce to a slow simmer. Place plums in and cover with a sheet of bakers paper.
- 3Poach plums 15-20 minutes or until they are tender. Remove plums with a slotted spoon and hold warm for service.
- 4Strain wine sauce with a chinoise or fine sive. Bring to a full boil and reduce to a slow simmer. Reduce sauce by half or about 10 minutes.
- 5In a small bowl wisk together arrowroot and cold water. Slowly wisk arrowroot into the wine sauce. Wisk sauce for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Remove wine sauce from heat and hold warm for service.
- 6Add heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon fine sugar to a chilled steel bowl and whip heavy cream until firm.
- 7Dizzle wine sauce over the bottom of a warm plates. Place one plum pit side down and drizzle warm wine sauce over the plum.
- 8Garnish plates with Fresh Red Raspberries, Fresh Strawberries and Whipped Cream.
Browse Our Top Citrus Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Half-Moon Bay Poached Plums
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.9
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 44.9 mg
- Sodium 15.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
orange muscat dessert wine