1/1 Photo of Half-Moon Bay Poached Plums
Chef #848413's Note:
"Red Beaut Plums" are mildly sweet and are poached "Nebbia Orange Muscat 2006 Wine".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel plums, slice in half, remove stone and place in lemon water.
- 2Combine wine, bay leaf, sugar, cinnamon stick, cloves, orange zest and lemon zest in a shallow braising pan. Bring liquid to a full boil and whisk liquid well.
- 3Reduce to a simmer, add plums and cover with Baker's Paper. Turn and baste plums several times. Keep pan covered and poach plums 15-20 minutes or until plums are tender. Remove plums with a slotted spoon and hold warm for service.
- 4Strain poaching liquid and return to braising pan. Bring liquid to a full boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes or about a 1/2 cup remains.
- 5Combine 2 teaspoons arrowroot with 2 teaspoons cold water water in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Wisk into sauce and stir until sauce has thickened. Season with a pinch salt and ground cinnamon. Hold sauce warm for service.
- 7Drizzle warm wine sauce over the bottom of plate. Fan each plum, place in center and drizzle sauce over the plum.
- 8Garnish with Fresh Strawberries, Fresh Red Raspberries and Whipped Cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Half-Moon Bay Poached Plums
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.5
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
orange muscat dessert wine