Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
"Red Beaut Plums" are mildly sweet and are poached "Nebbia Orange Muscat 2006 Wine".
- 3 red plums (Beaut Plums)
- 750 ml orange muscat dessert wine (Nebbia 2006)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup fine sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3-Inches Long)
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Peel plums, slice in half, remove stone and place in lemon water.
- Combine wine, bay leaf, sugar, cinnamon stick, cloves, orange zest and lemon zest in a shallow braising pan. Bring liquid to a full boil and whisk liquid well.
- Reduce to a simmer, add plums and cover with Baker's Paper. Turn and baste plums several times. Keep pan covered and poach plums 15-20 minutes or until plums are tender. Remove plums with a slotted spoon and hold warm for service.
- Strain poaching liquid and return to braising pan. Bring liquid to a full boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes or about a 1/2 cup remains.
- Combine 2 teaspoons arrowroot with 2 teaspoons cold water water in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Wisk into sauce and stir until sauce has thickened. Season with a pinch salt and ground cinnamon. Hold sauce warm for service.
- Drizzle warm wine sauce over the bottom of plate. Fan each plum, place in center and drizzle sauce over the plum.
- Garnish with Fresh Strawberries, Fresh Red Raspberries and Whipped Cream.