1/2 Photos of Half Dipped Thin Mint Cookies
These are nice little cookies and so simple to make. I only dipped half of each cookie because I liked the presentation better but play around to see what you like. Prep time does not include freeze time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder and salt.
- 2In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. With the mixer on low speed, add in the milk and the extracts. Mixture will look curdled. Gradually, add in the flour mixture until fully incorporated.
- 3Shape dough into two logs, about 1 1/2 inches (or about 4 cm) in diameter, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for at least 1-2 hours, until dough is very firm.
- 4Preheat oven to 375F before slicing your cookies.
- 5Slice dough into rounds not more than 1/4 inch thick and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Cookies will not spread very much.
- 6Bake each batch for 9-11 minutes. Cool completely.
- 7In a double boiler melt the chocolate and butter together. Remove from heat. Dip half of each cooled cookie into chocolate mixture and let cool on waxed paper.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Half Dipped Thin Mint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (878 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1202.1
- Calories from Fat 543
- Total Fat 60.4 g
- Saturated Fat 37.5 g
- Cholesterol 115.6 mg
- Sodium 712.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 163.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 67.5 g
- Protein 16.8 g