24 hrs 30 mins
One of my favorite potato dishes. Great with Sauerbraten, Venisen roast, Goose and Duck, and fresh pork roast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On the day before you want to serve them, boil 1 1/2 lb potatoes in their jacket.
- 2Peel the potatoes as soon as they are done, and press through a ricer or mash through a sieve; then cool them till the next day (not in the refrigerator, it will change the flavor) Next day peel and grate 1 lb potatoes.
- 3Put grated potatoes in a cloth and wring out as much liquid as possible.
- 4Add to the boiled potatoes.
- 5Knead into this the egg, flour, and salt.
- 6With floured hands shape into tennis ball sized balls.
- 7In a large pot bring salted water to a full boil.
- 8Put the dumplings into the water and boil 5 minutes, reduce heat to medium for and boil for 5 minutes more, reduce heat to low for and let simmer until done (dumplings will rise to the top when they are ready), about another 5 to 10 minutes.
- 9Remove from water.
- 10Caution, do not put a cover on the pot, the dumplings will disintegrate.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Half and Half Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.8
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 410.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 5.9 g