Recipe by ♥Miss Wright♥
These rich and chocolatey cupcakes will have you lickin' your lips for days! Recipe shows cupcake ingredients and frosting recipe. Great for birthdays, parties, and any other occasions. Makes 24 servings and lasts up to a week and a half!
- 1 1⁄3 cups self-rising flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- ***It is important that the butter is softened before mixed with sugar***.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating with with each addition, then stir in vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheateed oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Place 1/2 butter un mixing bowl.
- Add in cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and whipping cream.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- **Frost cupcakes when cool so frosting doesn't melt**.