Recipe by vincent C.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Quick and easy recipe .Came up with the name by combining Hala short slang for jalapeno and bac short for bacon.
- 20 ounces Simply Macaroni & Cheese
- 2 ounces hormel real bacon bits
- 1 jalapeno, diced (devein and deseed)
- 2 cups panko Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 cups oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Take package of simply mac and cheese out of your refrigerator and place in bowl. mix in 2 oz of real bacon bits. Dice up jalapeno take out seeds and devein unless you like it hot. mix jalapeno into bowl. In another bowl place your breadcrumbs . Take a spoonful of mixture form a small ball (about the size of a golf ball) and roll it in the breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a pan deep enough so the oil will cover the balls when frying. Heat oil to 375 degrees drop balls into oil and fry until golden brown 2 to 3 minute drain on a paper towel let cool for a minute throw on back and Halabac !