Recipe by Girl from India
This is a chinese recipe that I like to use sometimes. I have a standard everyday recipe for noodles which I will post later. This is almost as good though. All my chinese recipes are indianised a bit though. SO you have a combination cuisine.
For the vegetables
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 slices back bacon, sliced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 inch ginger, minced
- 1 green chili (deseeded and chopped) (optional)
- 200 g chicken, that is shredded
- 2 -3 spring onions, sliced
- 3 -4 tablespoons bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons bamboo shoots, cubed
- 1 tablespoon mushroom, halved and sliced
- 1 red capsicum, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 50 g cabbage, sliced fine
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 cup stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon cornflour, dissolved in a
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 100 g noodles
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 dried red chilies
- 2 teaspoons soya sauce
- 3 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the noodles in 5-6 cups of water with salt and a tsp of oil till slightly underdone.
- Drain immediately and run them under cold water.
- Stir in a little oil to keep them from sticking together.
- They should be firm and each one separate.
- Keep aside even under refrigeration overnight if possible.
- Prepare the vegetables.
- THis is the time consuming part.
- In a wok.
- Heat the oil on high to medium high Saute the bacon.
- Add the chilli powder, ginger, garlic, green chilli.
- Add the chicken.
- Saute till they are light brown in colour.
- (5 mins or so) Add all the vegetables one by one in sequence and stir each time.
- Starting from onion to the cabbage.
- Now reduce the heat and add the ingredients from soya to the sugar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Now add the cornflour dissolved in the water to the boiling liquid.
- Cook till the sauce turns thick.
- Keep aside.
- In a fry pan heat the remaining oil.
- Add the red chilli and chilli powder.
- Add soya and salt.
- Fry for 2 mins.
- Put the noodles in a large platter and pour the vegetable mixture over it to serve.