Recipe by **Mandy**
From Caribbean choice, these little gems are so easy to make & the taste is not too overpowering so it's a great recipe for kids too, my toddler gobbled these up! I found when I made them that the flour made it hard for the cheese to stick so I did half with flour & the rest without. I baked these in the oven to cut down on fat and I think if baking then the flour step is not needed
- 4 slices white bread
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb fresh lean ground beef
- 2 slices smoked ham or 2 slices bacon, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- fat, heated to 365 F (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak bread in milk 5 minutes, then mash and mix with ground beef, minced ham, salt, pepper, garlic, and tomato paste.
- Roll into walnut-sized balls, coat with flour and then with cheese.
- Fry in heated fat until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper. Serve hot with tomato sauce as a dip.