Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Adapted from Pingry Cooks, submitted by Dorothy Walters. I just got the cookbook from the library book sale and I am posting the recipes that interest me. Not sure how authentic this is but it sure sounds good. Overnight marination is best.
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, cooked, split down the middle lengthwise
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained, chopped
- 3 avocados, halved and pitted when ready to fill
- Mix all the ingredients except the avocados.
- Marinate overnight in the refrigerator and then prepare the avocados just prior to filling.
- Fill the avocados with the shrimp mixture and serve.