1/4 Photos of Haitian French Toast
Yia Yia's Note:
Rich and yummy! I've been using this recipe for special occasion brunches and breakfasts for several years. It ALWAYS gets great reviews and requests for the recipe. I first ran across it in Sunset magazine years ago. I hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut off the ends of the baguette a reserve for another use. Cut the remainder in 1/2 inch slices. Let them stand for at least 4 hours or overnight to dry.
- 2In a 9x13 pan combine the orange juice, heavy cream, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and white sugar.
- 3Place the bread slices in the pan, turning the slices until the liquid is absorbed.
- 4In a large skillet, melt butter over medium to medium high heat. Add bread slices and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Dust heavily with powdered sugar to serve.
- 5I always include maple or fruit syrup on the table.
- 6Heavenly way to start the day!
- 7Prep time doesn't include the bread drying step.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Haitian French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.4
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 104.4 mg
- Sodium 137.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 4.1 g