Rich and yummy! I've been using this recipe for special occasion brunches and breakfasts for several years. It ALWAYS gets great reviews and requests for the recipe. I first ran across it in Sunset magazine years ago. I hope you enjoy it!
- Cut off the ends of the baguette a reserve for another use. Cut the remainder in 1/2 inch slices. Let them stand for at least 4 hours or overnight to dry.
- In a 9x13 pan combine the orange juice, heavy cream, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and white sugar.
- Place the bread slices in the pan, turning the slices until the liquid is absorbed.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium to medium high heat. Add bread slices and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Dust heavily with powdered sugar to serve.
- I always include maple or fruit syrup on the table.
- Heavenly way to start the day!
- Prep time doesn't include the bread drying step.