Recipe by evelyn/athens
From Bon Appetit.
Top Review by TheGrumpyChef
This coleslaw is fantastic! The first night it was a 4.5 star for us, but after sitting in the frig, it became a 5+ star the next day! I really liked the heat from the chilies, and the tangy-ness from the limes. Great recipe. Made for ZWT5 for the Saucy Senoritas.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 small serrano chilies, seeded, minced (about 2 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 8 cups packed shredded cabbage (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 cups packed shredded carrots (about 2 large)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk mayonnaise, olive oil, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, mustard, chopped dill, sugar, chilies, garlic and celery seeds in medium bowl to blend.
- Toss cabbage and carrots in large bowl with enough dressing to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Coleslaw can be prepared ahead. Let stand at room temperature up to 1 hour or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.) Serve cold or at room temperature.