1/2 Photos of Haitian Chicken in Sauce
This recipe was found on islandflave.com & this way I was able to obtain the correct amounts of the ingredients & proper cooking times. I have enjoyed making this chicken for a long time now, as it was given to me in Creole and without amounts. It is great the following day, that is if you have any left.Update: 07/18/2009 so as to make some more of the sauce w/out lessening all the good flavors, this time we made it with 6 cloves of garlic, 3/4 cup crushed tomatoes,1/4 cuo brandy or cognac & added broth as needed - low-sodium, low-fat chicken broth! As far as the peppers go I love Scotch Bonnet Peppers and their flavor is wonderful! As I was going to serve this to our friends - one of the kitchen aides asked me if I wouldn't put sliced olives in the dish and we did and it tasted awesome - on white rice or brown rice, if you choose and with string beans almondine.;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash chicken well & pat dry.
- 2Rub each piece with limes/lemons and sprinkle with salt.
- 3Heat oil in heavy ovenproof pan.
- 4Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 5Fry chicken pieces in hot oil.
- 6Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine garlic, sugar, tomato sauce and salt; mix well.
- 7After 5 minutes of frying the chicken, add sliced onions and chopped pepper, for 5-7 minutes.
- 8Remove pan from heat and drain excess oil and add the tomato mixture, stirring well.
- 9Place the pan in oven & bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked completely.
- 10Transfer chicken to serving platter lined with lettuce and onion rounds and with a pile of "Picklese" #148276 vegetables.
- 11Served with diri blanc (plain white rice) - pour sauce over rice.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Haitian Chicken in Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (537 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 934.5
- Calories from Fat 540
- Total Fat 60.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 297.9 mg
- Sodium 522.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 75.5 g