Prep1 hr 42 mins
This is from the foodbycountry.com website. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds quite good. So I thought I would post it for everyone to enjoy, especially those who are joining the fun in the Zaar World Tour (ZWT) event.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Dissolve the yeast in a large bowl in warm water.
- Stir in honey, oil, salt, nutmeg, and 2 cups of the flour. Beat until very smooth, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough of the remaining flour to make a stiff dough.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place until about double in size, about 50 minutes. Punch down on dough.
- Press dough into greased jelly roll plan (about 15x10x1-inch). Cut dough into about 2½-inch squares with a sharp knife, cutting two-thirds of the way through the dough. Cover and let rise until double in size, about 30 minutes.
- Dissolve the instant coffee in the milk and brush over the dough. Bake until the bread is golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- Break the bread into squares to serve.