Recipe by :)Shirl(:
According to Helen Lee in her book "The Tao of Beauty," you can eat your way to great hair. Her Black Sesame Seed Soup can be eaten as a snack or even for dessert and supposedly provides skin and hair benefits. Helen Lee says the ingredients should be purchased fresh from your nearest Chinese grocer.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 cup black sesame seed
- 1 tablespoon sugar, to your own tastes
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and drain the rice and the sesame seeds in separate containers.
- Stir-fry the sesames seeds in a dry skillet over low heat for approximately 5 minutes or until the heat releases their fragrance.
- Be careful to not let them burn.
- Grind the rice and toasted seeds with 1/4 cup of water in a blender or food processor.
- Pour the mixture plus an additional 1 3/4 cups of water into a medium-sized saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes, stirring often to avoid burning.
- Add sugar as desired to taste.