Prep 1 min
Cook 2 mins
Does your hair feel limp and lifeless? Try this easy hair clarifier to remove some of the build-up.
- 2 tablespoons shampoo (either homemade or store bought)
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Easy peasy!
- While you're in the shower, bring along the box of baking soda with you.
- Measure out approximately 1 tablespoon of baking soda and add it to twice as much shampoo in your palm.
- Use the shampoo as you would normally, using the pads of your fingertips to give your scalp a thorough massage.
- Rinse very well with cool water, and then condition as normal.
- The baking soda should help remove build-up, naturally!
Yes! A seasoned hairdresser told me about that. She warned not to leave it on for more than 4 minutes. Rinse well and follow with a final rinse of 1 cup or so of water mixed with a dash of vinegar, to correct the acid balance. I had just done that and was shopping when an elderly gent approached me and said "There is a lady with beautiful shiny hair. We never see that anymore."
My hairdresser just told me that I need to get rid of the build-up on my hair and suggested a pricey shampoo from her salon. Instead I came home and tried your recipe. I mixed the baking soda with the shampoo and started working it into my hair. I could tell something was happening because it smelled different from my shampoo - almost like the smell of perm solution. The lather felt like shaving cream -- very rich. After rinsing, my hair has returned to its normal soft state that I hadn't had in months, and it was easy to style again. Thanks for the great, affordable home beauty treatment!
Yes Boogaloogle This Really works good,I have been using baking soda for years now,my hair holds hair spray real bad when I try to wash it out,so I use baking soda and it just kind of melts that hair spray right of my hair.This is a real good recipe. Darlene Summers