1/3 Photos of Hair Balls
This is a great recipe for Halloween or Christmas cookie trays. Serving amount is a total guess, depending on the size you make your cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare coconut by placing 1 cup each into two quart-sized zip-lock baggies.
- 2Add a few drops of a food color to each bag. (If making for Christmas, skip this part.).
- 3Shake the bag vigorously to distribute.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In a large saucepan, combine cocoa, butter, sugar and milk, mixing well.
- 6Bring to a boil and cover saucepan for 30 seconds to allow sugar crystals to melt completely.
- 7Stir mixture and bring to a boil that can't be stirred down for 1 minute.
- 8Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- 9Add oatmeal and mix well.
- 10Let the mix stand for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally to let the oats absorb some of the liquid.
- 11Add chow mein noodles and stir to coat.
- 12Drop mix by spoonfuls onto waxed paper or parchment lined baking sheets.
- 13Let cool until you can touch the mix, then take the cookie and drop it into the bag of colored (or white) coconut, rolling it around to coat.
- 14Remove from the bag and place on wax paper.
- 15Add two eyes (candies) near the top of the ball.
- 16Store at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hair Balls
Serving Size: 1 (1327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.6
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 108.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: