Prep 30 mins
Cook 17 mins
In 'Martin Yan Quick & Easy' by Martin Yan
Make and share this Haihan Fun Mein recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces (or thigh meat)
- 1⁄4 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced (walnut sized)
- 1 red jalapeno chile, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 cups cooked rice stick noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked Chinese egg noodles
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, shrimp, cornstarch, and oyster sauce; stir to coat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Sauce-combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl; mix well.
- Heat a stir-fry pan over high heat until hot.
- Add the vegetable oil, swirling to coat the sides.
- Add the garlic, shallot, and chili and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and shrimp, stir-fry until the shrimp begin to curl and turn pink, about 2 minutes.
- Add the celery and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the noodles and sauce and cook, stirring gently, until the chicken is no longer pink and the noodles are heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Push the noodles toward the sides of the pan and pour the egg into the center.
- Cook until the egg is almost set, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with the sesame oil and toss to mix the egg into the noodles.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve.