Recipe by Baby Kato
This fish dish is lovely served with a simple fruit salad. This fast and easy dish is tender, moist and flavourful.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
This a lovely recipe, which is a full meal in one casserole. I like the addition of potatoes. I also liked that it had red pepper flakes, garlic and thyme, as a matter of fact I think it could have used more spices - next time I will add more garlic and maybe a drop or two of hot sauce. I also will add more cheese for my husband. But all in all a nice fish dish. Made for ZWT8.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 small red potatoes, sliced thin
- 2⁄3 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse sea salt (optional)
- 4 slices lemons, thin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs haddock
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (* may substitute with fresh lemon juice mixed with water)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the potatoes, onion, red pepper flakes, thyme, garlic powder and salt.
- Over moderate heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a 9" baking pan add lemon slices, place fish over the lemon and top with zucchini, yellow pepper and tomatoe.
- Pour the wine over fish and vegetables.
- Top with the potatoe mixture and garnish with parmsean.
- Cover and bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes.