Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another quick, weeknight recipe, but good enough for company (I make it for Christmas eve dinner every year). I can usually have the fish, rice pilaf, and steamed vegetable on the table in 30 minutes. This is also good using scallops (or any white fish). My family (even the kids) love this. Update: I increased the cooking time from 10 to 15 minutes due to comments, but really, with fish, you are going to have to use some judgment - oven, thickness of fillets, and personal preference will all play a role. I still think 5 minutes of broiling is usually right on for getting the top bubbly and a little brown.
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease/spray a large shallow baking dish.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and add oil to heat through.
- Add garlic and saute until soft - do not burn.
- Add lemon juice and bring to a boil, turn down heat to low.
- While the sauce is cooking, mix the bread crumbs and cheese together.
- Place fish in 9x13 baking pan skin side (if you got it with skin) down.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the fillets.
- Drizzle with the garlic butter.
- Bake for approximately 15m on 350 degrees.
- Broil for an additional 5 minutes or until browned on top.
This was really good, we really enjoyed it. I love fish and always looking for new ways to cook it. I always seem to over cook my fish though, I always think it's never long enough. That happened here, as I think after the 15 minutes was over I broiled it a bit to crisp up the bread crumbs but that just made it a little overcooked. My fault and not the recipes fault.
I have never made Haddock before and chose this recipe for it's ease. I was so happy with the outcome! My husband and I finished off the whole batch! YUM!