Another quick, weeknight recipe, but good enough for company (I make it for Christmas eve dinner every year). I can usually have the fish, rice pilaf, and steamed vegetable on the table in 30 minutes. This is also good using scallops (or any white fish). My family (even the kids) love this. Update: I increased the cooking time from 10 to 15 minutes due to comments, but really, with fish, you are going to have to use some judgment - oven, thickness of fillets, and personal preference will all play a role. I still think 5 minutes of broiling is usually right on for getting the top bubbly and a little brown.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease/spray a large shallow baking dish.
- 2In a small sauce pan, melt butter and add oil to heat through.
- 3Add garlic and saute until soft - do not burn.
- 4Add lemon juice and bring to a boil, turn down heat to low.
- 5While the sauce is cooking, mix the bread crumbs and cheese together.
- 6Place fish in 9x13 baking pan skin side (if you got it with skin) down.
- 7Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the fillets.
- 8Drizzle with the garlic butter.
- 9Bake for approximately 15m on 350 degrees.
- 10Broil for an additional 5 minutes or until browned on top.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Haddock Provencal
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.3 mg
- Sodium 341.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 19.9 g