- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and minced)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons ginger (peeled and minced)
- 1⁄2 cup fish stock (bottled clam juice is fine too)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs haddock, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, over a medium heat, add the oil. Add the garlic and half of the ginger. After 30 seconds, add the stock, soy sauce and wine.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, approximately 5-10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the fillets in the liquid, and poach until the filets are cooked through, approximately 6-10 minutes.