Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
You can use scrod, haddock or any white filet fish for this recipe. We love to dip Italian bread in the pan drippings.
- 2 lbs haddock fillets or 2 lbs scrod fillets
- 1 lb fresh tomato, chopped and seeds removed
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, depending on taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried mint
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place fish in greased baking dish.
- Mix together the tomatoes, parsley, garlic, seasonings, olive oil and cheese.
- Spread evenly over fish fillets.
- Bake fish in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Cheese should be melted and tomatoes soft.
- Serve hot with pan drippings.
This is such a delicious recipe! The fish came out so tender and juicy! The topping has an amazing taste. We dipped the bread in the pan juices as you advised and it was simply great!Thank you very much for posting this recipe!
What a wonderfully light fish dish. Perfect for the warm summer months. This was especially great because I was able to use some of the tomatoes and parsley from our garden. (Nothing beats fresh foods!) I did substitute basil for the tarragon and mint, because this is what I had on hand. Otherwise, I made the recipe as instructed. We really loved this dish!
Really top notch. I used cilantro instead of parsley, and added 10 cooked shrimp at the very end. My wife loved it. I will be making this again. Lovely with crusty bread as suggested by JillAZ. (To get 5 stars - it has to be absolutely phenomenal - this was merely excellent!)