Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
We had this at a potluck supper in Jackman Maine. My husband loved it so he tracked down the cook and got the recipe. The only thing he didn't get is the cooking time and I always 'wing it', so please check fish for doneness.
- Spread the 1/2 of the fish out in a buttered casserole dish, single layer.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of fish.
- Layer whole Ritz crackers on top of cheese to cover the fish.
- Repeat layers, in same order ending with soup.
- Pour the soup on the top and spread with spoon to cover.
- Bake in a 350- 375 dgree oven for approximately.
- 30-40 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
Delish dish of fish!=) We all loved it and will be making this again and again. The mixture of the cream of mushroom soup and the cheddar cheese made a excellent combination with the haddock. This dish was even better reheated the next day. Next time I make it I am adding more crackers for we were all fighting over the cracker spoonfuls!Thank you Pisces for a tasty and easy casserole!
I was leery on making this recipe but it sounded really different. So different it sat in my cookbook for a very long time. I just could not imagine eating fish made in soup. I like cheese on my fish but usually I use mozzarella. Well I decided to make it your way except I only had soda crackers and used regular mushroom soup (I hate that "golden mushroom"). I didn't add as much liquid as you did. I am just amazed! This is really good. This will go in with my other fish recipe. I don't understand what the crackers are suppose to do but they were good also.
Wow this recipe was so simple and easy but really tasty. I added fresh mushrooms to it, and used whole grain crackers. My kids absolutely loved it and we will definately be making it again! I think it will actually become a family favorite!