Recipe by *Petunia*
We had this at a potluck supper in Jackman Maine. My husband loved it so he tracked down the cook and got the recipe. The only thing he didn't get is the cooking time and I always 'wing it', so please check fish for doneness.
Top Review by smoke alarm jr
Delish dish of fish!=) We all loved it and will be making this again and again. The mixture of the cream of mushroom soup and the cheddar cheese made a excellent combination with the haddock. This dish was even better reheated the next day. Next time I make it I am adding more crackers for we were all fighting over the cracker spoonfuls!Thank you Pisces for a tasty and easy casserole!
- 2 lbs haddock
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup condensed golden mushroom soup (Has to be golden!)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Ritz cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the 1/2 of the fish out in a buttered casserole dish, single layer.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of fish.
- Layer whole Ritz crackers on top of cheese to cover the fish.
- Repeat layers, in same order ending with soup.
- Pour the soup on the top and spread with spoon to cover.
- Bake in a 350- 375 dgree oven for approximately.
- 30-40 minutes or until fish is cooked through.