1 hr 5 mins
From a little book from Sainsbury's Recipe Library. Cod could also be used in place of the haddock.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g fresh spinach, washed
- 500 g haddock fillets, skinned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 350 g tomatoes, skinned and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree (paste)
- 150 ml white wine
- 5 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 500 g potatoes, cooked and sliced thin
- salt and pepper
- 1Grease a 9 X 13 baking dish with olive oil and set aside.
- 2Place the spinach in a large saucepan with only the water clinging to the leaves after washing. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, until just wilted. Drain well.
- 3Chop the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Spread over the bottom of the oiled baking dish.
- 4Cut the haddock into serving pieces and place on the spinach.
- 5Preheat oven to 190C/375°F.
- 6Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and celery and fry until softened.
- 7Add the green pepper and tomatoes and stir well.
- 8Add the tomato puree, wine and stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Pour the vegetables over the fish.
- 10Arrange the sliced potatoes on top.
- 11Bake for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown.
- 12Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Haddock and Spinach Bake (Or Cod)
Serving Size: 1 (587 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.4
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 71.2 mg
- Sodium 216.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 31.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: