Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From a little book from Sainsbury's Recipe Library. Cod could also be used in place of the haddock.
- 500 g fresh spinach, washed
- 500 g haddock fillets, skinned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 350 g tomatoes, skinned and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree (paste)
- 150 ml white wine
- 5 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 500 g potatoes, cooked and sliced thin
- salt and pepper
- Grease a 9 X 13 baking dish with olive oil and set aside.
- Place the spinach in a large saucepan with only the water clinging to the leaves after washing. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, until just wilted. Drain well.
- Chop the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Spread over the bottom of the oiled baking dish.
- Cut the haddock into serving pieces and place on the spinach.
- Preheat oven to 190C/375°F.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and celery and fry until softened.
- Add the green pepper and tomatoes and stir well.
- Add the tomato puree, wine and stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the vegetables over the fish.
- Arrange the sliced potatoes on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!