Haddock and parsley fish cakes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Boil the potatoes until tender. Drain.
- 2Put all the fish in a large pan with the milk. Cover, heat until just simmering, then poach for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving the milk. Skin and flake the fish, and remove any bones.
- 3Mash the potatoes with 2 tbsp of the reserved milk. Mix with the fish and half the lemon zest, parsley, spring onions and capers. Season with pepper and leave to cool.
- 4Shape into 8 cakes about 2 cm thick. Put on a plate lined with clingfilm and chill for 20-25 minutes.
- 5Beat the egg with the melted butter and put in a shallow dish. Put the breadcrumbs and the flour into two separate shallow dishes. Dip the fish cakes on all sides in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Put on a baking tray and spritz lightly with spray oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- 6Mix the mayonnaise and yoghurt with the tomatoes and remaining zest, spring onions, parsley and capers.
- 7Put the spinach in a large frying pan with 1tbsp water and cook, stirring, until it wilts. Drain, then serve with the fish cakes and sauce.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Haddock and Parsley Fish Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (599 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.0
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 227.1 mg
- Sodium 1667.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 52.2 g