Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From"Fish Superb ways with seafood & shellfish"
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 lb new potato, diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups fish stock or 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 bunch broccoli floret, sliced
- 1 lb smoked haddock fillet, skinned
- 1 (7 ounce) can corn, drained
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place scallions and potatoes in a large saucepan and add the stock or water, bay leaf and milk. Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover pan and simmer for 10 minute.
- Add broccoli to the pan. Cut the fish into bite-sized chunks and add to the pan with the corn.
- Season the stew well with freshly ground black pepper, then cover the pan and simmer for another 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Remove the bay leaf, and transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with scallions and serve hot with crusty bread.