Recipe by Olha
Plain and simple with a mixture of beef and pork to make this a tasty meatloaf.
Top Review by rlane68
Haven't put in the oven yet. If I sprinkle breadcrumbs on top then pour over the broth won't that wash the crumbs off the loaf? Or do I pour the broth mixture along the sides of the loaf.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions (divided)
- 2 slices white bread, trimmed and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup hot beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet; saute half the onions 5 minutes.
- Mix in the diced bread and parsley; saute 2 minutes.
- Combine this mixture with the beef, pork, egg, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well and shape into a loaf; sprinkle with the bread crumbs.
- Melt the remaining butter in a baking pan.
- Place the loaf in it and add the broth and remaining onions.
- Bake in a 375°F.
- oven 1 1/4 hours, basting frequently.
- Serves 4 to 6 The Complete Round the World Meat Cookbook.