Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Plain and simple with a mixture of beef and pork to make this a tasty meatloaf.
Make and share this Hackbraten German Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet; saute half the onions 5 minutes.
- Mix in the diced bread and parsley; saute 2 minutes.
- Combine this mixture with the beef, pork, egg, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well and shape into a loaf; sprinkle with the bread crumbs.
- Melt the remaining butter in a baking pan.
- Place the loaf in it and add the broth and remaining onions.
- Bake in a 375°F.
- oven 1 1/4 hours, basting frequently.
- Serves 4 to 6 The Complete Round the World Meat Cookbook.