1 hr 15 mins
Plain and simple with a mixture of beef and pork to make this a tasty meatloaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet; saute half the onions 5 minutes.
- 2Mix in the diced bread and parsley; saute 2 minutes.
- 3Combine this mixture with the beef, pork, egg, salt, and pepper.
- 4Mix well and shape into a loaf; sprinkle with the bread crumbs.
- 5Melt the remaining butter in a baking pan.
- 6Place the loaf in it and add the broth and remaining onions.
- 7Bake in a 375°F.
- 8oven 1 1/4 hours, basting frequently.
- 9Serves 4 to 6 The Complete Round the World Meat Cookbook.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hackbraten German Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 671.5
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 221.4 mg
- Sodium 1674.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 43.1 g