Recipe by Wildflour
These are really fun!! Taste great and a nice way to use up any leftover taco "fixin's"!! Not dry at all, and look really pretty, too! Top with your own favorite toppings! Just have fun! :)
Top Review by KPD
this is a great idea! we loved this! i made some alterations for what i had. i made up my own taco seasonings and sprinkled on the chops, then i quickly seared them in a pan really quick (i think it tastes better that way), then i put a bell pepper ring underneath each chop to sort of elevate them, then i topped each chop with another bell pepper ring and a red onion ring, then i spooned a little green salsa and red salsa on top. i topped each chop with mexican blend cheese. baked for 20 minutes just to finish the chops off and melt the cheese. the flavors were fantastic! we will be making this again in different ways with what ingredients we have on hand. thanks for the awesome idea! served with red beans and rice. (this would work well with chicken breasts or a thin cut steak too!!)
- 4 pork chops, 3/4-1-inch thick
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix, *or homemade
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 slices colby-monterey jack cheese, or shredded
- prepared guacamole
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomato
- sour cream
- sliced green onion
- sliced black olives
- sliced pickled jalapeno pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub *taco seasoning mix on both sides of all four pork chops. Or make your own taco seasoning!(*I have used Chef DiBi's #45798 and for this I used Chef Kittencal's #76616! Both are excellent!:)).
- In large skillet, melt butter with vegetable oil, heat over med-high heat.
- Lightly brown chops on both sides.
- Transfer to shallow, lightly greased baking dish.
- Top each chop evenly with salsa.
- Place in 350º oven for about 30-35 minutes or til done. *Chops are done when very slightly pink inside and juices run clear.
- *Don't overbake! Bake less if chops are thinner!
- **Top with cheese during last 5 minutes or so of baking.
- Serve topped with rest of ingredients.
- Serve with Spanish, Mexican or green rice and refried beans if desired.