Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe from Chile using sweet onions and tomatoes along with wonderful seasonings of cilantro, lime for a cooling effect for those hot days!
- 4 large tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 large onion (Oso Sweet halved, thinly sliced)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 4.92 ml lime zest
- salt and pepper
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- In a large salad bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Toss well; chill for an hour, garnish with cilantro sprigs.
If your looking for something thats done in a flash but still delivers on taste stop right here. This makes the most of ripe summer tomatoes and boy do they shine. The cilantro, onion and lime boost this right over the top. Simply wonderful.
Refreshing and delicious salad! We enjoyed the addition of the lime zest. Thanks for sharing! ZWT7
Loved this salad; used cherry tomates, added cucumber and reduced the oil to 1 tbsp, since I like my vinagrettes more tart and less oily. Served with chicken fajita and it actually also tasted great IN the fajita. Had all the latin flavours Made for ZWT 7 - by Food.Commandoes