Prep 5 mins
Cook 168 hrs
This sauce is reminiscent of Pickapeppa, the well-known Jamaican product. The longer this sauce steeps, the hotter it becomes. Note: This sauce must be made at least a week before serving. From: "The Habanero Cookbook" by Dave DeWitt & Nancy Gerlach.
- 2 habanero peppers, seeds and stems removed, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup (I recommend Chile-Banana-Mango Ketchup)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste (I recommend Tamarind Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard powder
- Compine all ingredients in a bowl or jar, mix well, and let steep for 7 to 10 days to blend the flavors. This sauce will keep for months covered in the refrigerator.