Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are delicious as a side dish for chicken or fish or on their own.
- 1 (8 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 habanero pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- In a skillet, heat oil and cook onions, garlic and habanero chile until tender.
- Add can of tomatoes, chicken bullion and water and simmer for 3 minutes.
- In a lightly greased oven proof crystal baking dish, layer potatoes.
- Pour tomato mixture over potatoes.
- Pour cream over potatoes and sprinkle cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 175C until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden brown.
I did not have a habanero so I used 2 jalapenos. It turned out EXCELLENT!!! Thanks!!!