I'm not kidding you when I say this is hot. However, it is definitely one of the most flavorful hot sauces I have had in a long time. In spite of the heat, you find yourself strangely addicted to it. Some call it "That Healing Habanero Sauce." Try it for yourself and see.
- In a small saucepan of boiling water, blanch the chilies for 1 minute. Drain and let cool. Discard stems.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse the chilies with garlic, scallions, carrots, water and broth until finely chopped.
- Add the vinegar, mustard, cilantro, thyme, and lime juice and pulse just until combined.
- Transfer to jar and refrigerate.
- Best after 24 hours.
- Can be made and refrigerated for 6 months.