Recipe by Tish
Posted in response to a request.
Top Review by Donna
WOOHOOOO!!! this is SO good! my hubby made this last night with the rest of his habanero's from the garden and this is amazing! it is not drop dead hot, it is sweet and spicy and really awesome!I just had it on a bagel with cream cheese, but I am thinking bbq chicken! this is excellent, thanks!
- 3 large fleshy orange bell peppers
- 5 -10 ripe habanero peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 7 cups sugar
- 9 fluid ounces liquid fruit pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems, seeds and membranes from all peppers (use gloves when handling the habaneros-- yes, seriously, USE GLOVES!).
- Put peppers and the vinegar in a blender and process until smooth.
- Combine pepper-vinegar puree and all the sugar in a non-corrosive pan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for twenty (20) minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain through cheesecloth into another pan.
- Add pectin and bring to a full rolling boil while stirring.
- Boil about one minute, remove from heat and ladle into sterile jars.