Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posted in response to a request.
Make and share this Habanero Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large fleshy orange bell peppers
- 5 -10 ripe habanero peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 7 cups sugar
- 9 fluid ounces liquid fruit pectin
- Remove stems, seeds and membranes from all peppers (use gloves when handling the habaneros-- yes, seriously, USE GLOVES!).
- Put peppers and the vinegar in a blender and process until smooth.
- Combine pepper-vinegar puree and all the sugar in a non-corrosive pan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for twenty (20) minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain through cheesecloth into another pan.
- Add pectin and bring to a full rolling boil while stirring.
- Boil about one minute, remove from heat and ladle into sterile jars.
WOOHOOOO!!! this is SO good! my hubby made this last night with the rest of his habanero's from the garden and this is amazing! it is not drop dead hot, it is sweet and spicy and really awesome!I just had it on a bagel with cream cheese, but I am thinking bbq chicken! this is excellent, thanks!
Great jelly recipe! I had lots of habaneros in my garden, and when I came across this recipe I just had to give it a try... and I'm glad I did. I gave out a few jars and I've had lots of compliments and requests for the recipe!
Just made it. Love it!!