Recipe by Meg Sweetland Baker
From a recipe on pepperfool.com by Brent Thompson on 6/6/1996. I eat this on wheat thins with cream cheese and give it as holiday presents (only to people that I know love spicy foods).
Top Review by COOKERMAN86
This recipe is great! There is another recipe on this site that is almost identcal with the exception that this one uses 1/3 the liquid pectin the other does and that can be quire a savings! Another thing that I tried was making this with green bell peppers instead of the orange. The orange can be very expensive and I found that while I was heating this up all I had to do was add a few drops of yellow and red food coloring and it came out a beautiful orange! Thank you for a great recipe!
- 3 orange bell peppers
- 5 -10 habanero peppers, orange
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 7 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package liquid fruit pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems, seeds and membranes from bell peppers.
- Remove stems only from habaneros.
- Put bell peppers, habaneros and vinegar in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Combine pepper mixture and sugar in a non-corrosive pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add pectin, bring to a full rolling boil that won't stir down. Boil for 1 minute.
- Ladle into jars and follow proper canning procedures.